Flower baths are a hallmark of Bali. And for good reason. Bali has boundless spas where you can visit and take your very own flower bath. We went to Karsa Spa and had a great experience. You are given 30 minutes to enjoy your bath. The whole ambiance of the place is fantastic. When you walked into the room they had soothing music playing and fresh ginger lemon tea. The water is hot and completed covered in colorful floating petals. It’s is so relaxing to soak in an authentically flower scented bath. Definitely, one of the best self-care experience we’ve ever had.
If you are looking to planning a trip, here are some place we recommend staying at Friendly House Bali for budget travelers. However, if you are looking for a higher-end option, consider Udaya Resort, the home of a Kaveri Spa, number three on the list. For more information on where to stay go to the end of the article.
Bali Flower Bath: Cost
Our flower bath cost $16 USD for the two of us. Karsa spa is a little more outside the city, about 20 minutes north set in rice fields. The location is gorgeous and they have a lily pad pond with huge pink blooms.
Best Bali Flower Bath Spas
This spa is one of the most popular in Bali and is normally booked out 2 months in advance. Definitely e-mail them with dates, times, and what you want to do on their spa menu. This place has the best reviews of all the spas in Bali! Their hours are 9 am-7pm daily! Also, keep in mind Karsa has some of the smaller tubs for a flower bath. They still fit two people, but the other spas listed have bigger tubs.
Scrubs are about 400,000 rupees ($28) at the spa and are done first. The options for scrubs
The scrub and bath combo is 220,000 rupees ($16) for 1 hour, and the bath is 30 minutes for 120,000 rupees ($9).
The bath choices are: flower, balinese spice bath, or a detox bath (epsom salts, lavendar).
For more information on their services and pricing check out their website.
Five Elements Spa
In our research, we found three of the top spas to do flower baths. The first was Karsa, which we already discussed Karsa. The next two are Five Elements Spa and Kaveri Spa. Even though there seem to be endless spas in Bali, these kept coming up again and again, accompanied by idyllic pictures and great reviews. Five elements is a higher end Resort, with a price to match. But it looks like a great place to spend the day being pampered. Kaveri is another higher end spa boasting a huge tub and epic river view. The spa is also near the town center making it very convenient to visit.
Five elements cost: (flower bath)
- 1 hour 440,000 rupees ($35USD) single
- 595,000 rupees ($45 USD) couples
- Most people come here to get their beautiful riverside tubs, overlooking the jungle river. They do offer longer packages, which is nice. These tubs are
mediumsize for the flower baths you can have in Bali. They are also more open huts overlooking the river so there is a little less privacy for this spa. But this place is definitely more expensive than Karsa.
- This is the spa at the Udaya Resort, a nice resort in Ubud, but is also pricier. It’s also the most conveniently located, only 5 minutes from the town center. They have a big indoor bathtub overlooking the jungle. This is the biggest bathtub in Bali you can get for a flower bath. Again, this place is about 400,000 IDR, making it one of the more expensive options.
- If you are looking for a place to stay that is on the high-end side, then check out the Udaya Resort where Kaveri Spa is located. This place is really nice but on the pricier side. For more information and booking at Udaya, click here..
Where to stay?