The Tiger Kingdom, in Chiang Mai, is the most ethical tiger tourist destination in the city. Another place called the Tiger Temple has been shut down for years because it was deemed unethical by the city. I would recommend the Tiger Kingdom over any other one you may find in the city.
How to get to the Tiger Kingdom Chiang Mai
The Tiger Kingdom is about 40 minutes outside the city center. This is great to stop on a day trip to Bua Tong falls, or any of the other falls in the area. You can pay 200 baht to rent a bike for the day or catch a ride on a red Songtheaw for a couple 100. You could also hire a driver through Grab, which is going to be about 600 baht or so.
Tiger Kingdom Chiang Mai Price
The entrance fee for the Tiger Kingdom depends on what rooms want to see and the age of the tigers. Each sanctuary room holds tigers of different ages, and you need to choose before entering the tiger park which cages you want to enter. You get to be in each room about 10-15 minutes with the tigers.
- Newborn tigers (1 month) – 2500 baht for adults, 1500 baht for kids
- Small tigers (8 months)- 799 baht per person all ages
- Medium tigers (1 year)- 799 baht per person all ages
- Big tigers (4 years)- 799 baht per person all ages
- Giant (5 years)- 1300 baht per person all ages
- 2 tiger rooms package- 1500 baht
- 3 tiger rooms package- 2500 baht
- all tiger rooms package- 4000 baht
- Bring your own camera. It is allowed and you will get better, cheaper pictures than their service. Also, the guys working the cages to help keep you safe with the Tigers are actually pretty good photographers even with DSLR’s. They get a lot of experience with tourists and are happy to take pictures for you. They may ask you for a tip afterward.
- You must take off all purses, backpack, and bags before going into the tiger enclosure
- You can still see into all the cages and watch the tigers like at a zoo. I don’t think it is necessary to buy a pass to every cage because you still get to see and experience them all.
- A transfer service is available for people who book online tickets on their website for 200 THB per person for a return journey from the city center. Reservation required at least one day in advance. This could be better sometimes than bartering with street tuk tuks who will always overcharge tourists.
- They have a restaurant, souvenir shop, and a free bathroom
8:00 am to 6:00 pm every day including public holidays. Open in all weather. Last